I've installed Divinity 2 (PC retail version) and updated the game, but when I play the graphics and audio are all choppy. Even the music at the very beginning is affected. This persists regardless of settings (low, medium, high, ultra high). The issue becomes really bad when the game music starts. During any kind of battle the video lag is unplayable until creature is defeated (meaning if I hit the attack button it is still apparently working).

I can play Civilization 5, starcraft 2 and mass effect 2 without any problems, so I don't think it's my computer. My specs are listed below however just in case.

****Note:
I originally had issues when installing the game:

"Unable to execute file:
E:\support\larian\PhysXRegInstaller.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 14001.
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I then hit okay and the Divinity 2 installer said it was finished and allowed me to either click "play" or "go to website". I clicked "play" and I received another error message stating:

"Unable to execute file:
D:\Program Files\Divinity II - Ego Draconis\bin\Divinity2.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 14001.
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I solved this by accessing the DVD CD and installing everything individually. Now the game will run (yay for small successes. Thanks Trippy.)

Windows XP Professional - Service Pack 3
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs)
2046MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Realtek HD Audio output

Let me know if you need any other system information.

Last edited by transendence; 05/01/11 07:37 AM.

"Bags! It's the toasted toads truth!" - Zed