There are 2 other opening comments your character can make, with responses essentially the same as above (to the "If that is the case, it seems we have similar souls" selection).

Character: With whom do I have the honour?

Patriarch: I am the Patriarch, of the Old Creator Race, true Dragon, one of the few within the universe beyond the Great Chaos. I bid you welcome in this lair. May it be a haven for you, away from the spear and fire that hunt our kind.

Character: I was under the impression I was the last living Dragon Knight.

Patriarch: Rest assured, you are. None can take that title from you now. But before we continue our conversation, please allow me to introduce myself. I am the Patriarch, of the Old Creator Race, true Dragon, one of the few within the universe beyond the Great Chaos. I bid you welcome in this lair. May it be a haven for you, away from the spear and fire that hunt our kind.

After telling him you are looking for a way to enter the Hall of Echoes, and he asks why, you can choose not to say (much of the response is the same either way).

Patriarch: Truly, may I ask why?

Character: I'd prefer to keep that information to Myself.

Patriarch: It would have been wiser to share whatever concerns you have with me. Nevertheless, I shall give answer to your query, as I did for Maxos when he asked me the same. The Hall of Echoes is a place of memory and marvel, physical in shape, ethereal in nature. It is unreachable if one has not the means to enter, but immediate and everywhere if one has. Go from here and I shall make a gate materialize beneath the roots of Irminsul. The old riddler will like the attention.