I'll be running this comp hard for the next 21 days to see how it handles. I took off the 'keep it pretty' sticky thing, and have had less problems w/ the space bar, and as I've continued to use the keys I've had less problems (though most has been mouse-work; updating and downloading, and moving things around, getting rid of 'bloat', like the 'trial' versions of items they include automatically. Not a whole lot of text work, other than a couple of emails and the postings here. But again, after removing the "keep it pretty" sticky thing that completely surrounded each key, well, I had less problems. I was hoping to keep it pretty, but that just won't work.

The keys are also quite different from the Dell laptop... kind of a mid-way between a regular sized keyboard ("clunky" keys), and regular 'smooth' laptop keys. Probably just take some time to get used to it.

I'll probably go ahead and just start a new game after having taken the HOURS to download DKS to this laptop, and later I'll uninstall it from the other... maybe. I know my kids are going to want to play it, but I haven't decided when they'll be "old enough" for the game. I guess I could do the uninstall, and then re-install later when they're old enough. I think Larian did great in that respect, in realizing how often people change computers and accommodating us! Way to go, Devs! smile

Don't think I want to hassle w/the whole folder-switch-a-roo. I'm having a hard enough time just trying to get my writings transferred from the Dell laptop to the external (personal) drive (which I thought worked, but found it didn't), and then loaded onto this one. Grrr... Such is life.

Now... gotta start downloading the patch (I think) so I can go to bed. It's "late" even for me!

Thanks all! smile

~~CierraShore

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"