Possible good news.... I may have fixed the space bar issue! I figured it wouldn't really 'hurt' to check the seating again, by using a little extra force to look under the bar. Low and behold, on the right side a 'hinge' thingy wasn't in its "socket", and that was probably what was interfering with the right side thumb strikes!

A little brain work, a letter opener (before switching to a pen-sized multi-tip, non-magnetic screw driver), and I was able to successfully pop the 'hinge' thing back into place! I've typed several paragraphs, and haven't missed a space bar strike yet! Still having spelling and grammatical errors, but that is definitely not the computer's fault!

Now I can play the comp hard while in the warranty period still, and that way if anything else pops up, I should still be good to go. This is especially good, since I'm stressed enough about moving, and this computer issue was just adding more to my already over-flowing plate!

Thank you all for the advice and support. I will still be checking out that erasure program, as I have several nearly-dead computers that I would like to thoroughly clean up before passing them on for recycling of parts or something. That bit of information is extremely useful, and something for which I have long searched to find!

This community here rocks! smile hug
headbanging

*does a little happy dance while smiling and waving to everyone* groovy

~~CierraShore

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"