Thanks, Raze. The "Stunned" thread had some pretty funny bits in it, and it also helps me to understand this 'community' more. Now I am aware that probably most of the posters here are not native English speakers/writers (as I'm sure British would say about Americans)... I find it truly amazing the general respect that comes across in the English forum.

Even your witty comeback w/ "google" and "wikipedia" were able to be... enjoyed, and not taken to be harsh, but in the humorous way it was (I hope) meant.

I've also discovered something else, after my husband introduced me to cRPG's... I seem to prefer 'indy' games made in Europe! Aside from Larian (favorite studio, and I'm not just saying that because of this thread or forum base), I did enjoy the Gothic 3 game. I had never heard of the Gothic series, I just bought the 3rd game, and even with all the 'lagginess', still enjoyed it (I think I was able to crochet a full blanket during lags and loads!). After the full community patch came out, and utilizing that nice little feature of "test mode=true," I played through as quickly as possible to discover the story. I enjoyed the story of the game, the combat mechanics definitely weren't easy (such as they were in Diablo II: LoD style), the music was beautiful, and I liked the variety of... races... presented. The English voice-acting could have been better, but it was great to hear a familiar voice (Sebatian in Gothic 3 is Deckard Cain in Diablo)-- don't recall his real name.

Shortly after playing Gothic 3, I saw Ego Draconis on the shelf and snatched it up in a hurry and played it... and it was while playing it that I discovered these forums! I had already played Divinity several times, but never knew there was a 'community' for it or other games. Although I knew that people didn't like the ending of ED because FoV hadn't come out yet, I didn't mind the ending, because I knew that FoV was coming out.

All in all, the interaction of the studio with the fans/players and the players with each other is pretty cool. Also neat that players come from across the globe, and can give input from cultural perspectives.

Um, I don't think I really had a point to this post! How embarrassing! Oh, wait, I did have a point. It was basically to say thanks-- so, in case it didn't come across in all that wordy stuff above, thanks for your contributions, Raze. And thank you Larian for interacting with your dedicated following. laugh

~~CierraShore

Last edited by CierraShore; 08/03/11 06:50 AM. Reason: corrections

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"