Originally Posted by Demonic
That artstyle is so over-used and Original Sin should have an art-style which is more like Divine Divinity.

I tend to rather believe that the impression of "it is over-used" comes from persional bias.

Me, I have the other bias : To me, the "dark & grim" art style is over-used.

Skyrim, The Witcher series, Deus Ex, Demonicon, Blizzard, of course, Gothic series, Risen series, and especially shooters.

To me, therefore everything looks actually entirely different : If I look around me, I can see no light-themed (both in terms of graphics style ANd in terms in in-games themes) for the PC sinleplayer platdform anymore.

For consoles, it might be different. But we're talking about the PC platform here, I almost assume.

I begin to have the feeling as if this argument called "it is over-used" is being instrumentalized by BOTH sides now. Whichh each one wanting THEIR taste to be implemented.

Gothic : Arcania already had 2 different sets of graphics/textures. It would be a LOT of more work, but it would please more players. Imho.

Originally Posted by flixerflax
I don't want grim and gritty, just something with a tone like original DD or DD2.

In the old forums, someone (not me !!!) wrote that - in this sense - ACTUAL REAL grass isn't as dark as presented within Divinity 1 ... wink

Just go out and compare the colours ! wink

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 01/06/12 11:34 AM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch