Here are my thoughts on the balancing of the game.
I will talk less about specific units and more about some more general thoughts that occurred to me.

Campaign Map:
I like the campaign map (even though in the multiplayer variant we get so far, it is clearly somewhat stripped down, due the whole ship/story part missing). AI could do better, though.

Cards:
The cards are a nice touch, but could probably do with some boost to their effectiveness.
I'd rather have fewer cards, that are more powerful. As it is, I gain lots of cards, but don't often feel a need to use them.
Alternatively, give some more possibilities to use cards, e.g. by trading several weak cards to gain stronger ones, or trade 2 cards of one type to get a (random) card of another type. That kind of stuff...

RTS part:
I'm not completely sure about the RTS part.
I don't think it's bad, I just don't think it's great (yet).
Overall, but this is personal preference, I'd like it to be less hectic and less reliant on unit spam and quickly capturing building sites.
To me it creates a certain mismatch between campaign and RTS mode.
You often have to build many more units in the RTS part than what you bring with you from the campaign map (even taking into account that e.g. one infantry on the map gives 3 in the RTS).
It feels a bit strange that the relatively expensive and slow unit production on the campaign map is replaced with the mass-production on steroids we get in the RTS part.
A lower production speed might both make your starting units matter more, as well as emphasize single units more (but this would also mean you'd have to make them more resilient).
It should also give some micromanaging-intesive abilities more use, since you have less units to juggle around.

Dragon Form:
As has been mentioned, the Dragon seems a bit weak. It should not make an unstoppable Juggernaut, but at the moment it's not a glass cannon either, due to it not doing that much damage actually.
It's strength so far seems to be more the passive boosting auras and crowd-control spells, not direct combat.
I'd boost resistance and damage. Not enough to make him destroy whole armies on its own, but enough that he can wreak some havoc to smaller groups at least and not make him be destroyed within a few seconds by any group that contains a few units capable of attacking him.
Also mentioned before: the single target buffing abilities of the dragon seem underpowered given the reliance on numbers in the RTS part.

Last edited by El Zoido; 01/07/13 08:28 PM.