Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by Bonerbill
The gameplay looks solid (I'm glad they are finally going turn grid based combat).

However, my main concern is the story. Larian is excellent when it comes to writing humor and some weird storyline that make you laugh, but their writing isn't the best in the world. I really want a story and companions that are just as memorable as something like Planescape Torment or Mask of the Betrayer. But I doubt will get anything similar to that.

That's right, we almost certainly aren't going to get that. If you're familiar with Larian's games, you should know what to expect by now. They make great games, with lots of funny dialogue and interesting situations and quests, but the overall storyline isn't that spectacular. The banter between party members in Beyond Divinity... well not banter really. The Death Knight's side was delightfully snarky, the Paladin's was rather generic hero stuff. I'm not sure what the companions in Original Sin will be like, but Larian hasn't done large parties before (unless Dragon Commander counts).

If you want Planescape Torment 2, you might be better off looking at Torment: Tides of Numenara. Larian's focus is more on freedom of choice than deepness of theme and story.

You think I'm not aware of Tides of Numenera? :p But anyway, it doesn't have to be Planescape deep, but I just want something more deep and memorable. Many of Obsidian games has just as much freedom and choice as the Divinity games, and I feel their writing is a lot better.