Über missgeschicke die man als Gruppe überwinden konnte spricht man halt noch jahre später.

Hier mal etwas was die entwickler von The Mandate zu der Deathfire Kampagne sagen.

Hi Thomas,
We are already in contact with Guido and are giving him feedback. While we would not mind cross promoting we think that he needs to clarify the setting, the story, who the good and bad guys are etc. We had a huge conversion to backers after we got a shout out via Torment but Deathfire did not.
I am a fan of Realms of Arkania, Wizardy etc but personally I did not feel the urge to back because I did not get what the game is about. The pitch felt more like something that is suitable when discussing between developers but not when you want to excite and hook backers. Marketing is a skill (which we have not mastered either seeing as we are also devs but we have learnt a lot about it).
So I think the problem with Deathfire is that the concept is unclear. But we are waiting for feedback from Guido.
Cheers,
Ole Herbjørnsen
Executive Producer
The Mandate

Irgendwie hat er schon recht. Bei The Mandate musste mich erst ein youtuber überzeugen mit seiner Präsentation. Die videos und texte des Entwicklers konnten mich auch nach mehrmaligem anschauen nicht uberzeugen.

Deathfire hat zwar auch davon profitiert bei Torment erwähnt zu werden.. aber bei weitem nicht so stark wie The Mandate. Sprich der erste Eindruck kann noch weniger überzeugen. Und man bekommt halt nur eine Chance.

Guido sollte hier wirklich nochmal kritisch über seine prasentation nachdenken. Nicht jeder wirft ihm einfach so wie ich sein geld hinterher nur weil das video irgendwelche nostalgischen gefühle anspricht.

Hoffentlich ist es nicht zu spät.

Last edited by Tutamun; 25/11/13 08:37 AM.