• On the western beach, I'd add at least one difficult "warm-up" encounter before
    you meet the really HUGE Level 7 orc.

It should be a bit easier than the next one, to act as a test of your skills. If you have trouble with it, you should go no further.

At the moment, all that's there is the optional and avoidable fight with the sad orc, there's no way to tell if you're good enough to handle the huge fight until you're in it. That might be okay for now, but running away and resurrecting will be more difficult in the final version.
  • I definitely have to agree that XP should be split evenly between party members, and not only given to the one who lands the killing blow.
  • "Cute dog" -
    This encounter shouldn't trigger combat until you're right up close to them. It's also too easy for where it is placed. A surprise warm-up like that seems like it should be placed as the first thing you encounter, like right at the entrance at the bottom of the hill. It's easier to wander into a more difficult encounter first before finding that really easy one.
  • Scarecrow -
    that explodes triggers so far away from an approaching player that it doesn't hurt them at all. There also needs to be loot there to entice the players closer.
  • Lighthouse -
    I like the quiet walk up with the trail of dead bodies but no fights. It builds anticipation nicely, but the actual fight is a let down. It's too easy. That has been noted by the legion as a major trouble point. The gimmick of the lighthouse horror repeatedly reviving all the dead zombie dogs is neat, but there are only a few of the wolves, and the horror itself dies too fast. This needs more enemies there, and the horror needs a lot more HP, to make the reviving gimmick it does actually a threat.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/12/13 04:02 PM. Reason: lighthouse