Sadly it seems that the Steam trolls have invaded the DOS Steam Discussion forums, just as I feared they would if this game went SEA like it has. All the complaints being posted are all the same that have hit Wasteland 2 and other SEA games - price is too much, this is an incomplete game, damn SEA, will the game ever get finished, etc. As well as the complaints/comments about this being yet another Kickstarter game on SEA.

I hope Larian has people actively moderating those forums, because they are going to have to start closing / deleting these complaint threads, else the vast majority of the forum that newcomers will see will just be these threads (which is exactly what Wasteland 2's forums looked like before they knuckled down).

And as for the comments that people know what SEA is / means? Nope, sorry that isn't the case. There are a lot of people who do not know what SEA is, or what a beta is - many think that SEA means you can get the full game prior to actual release... they do not read the SEA blurb and/or store page.

Also regarding ppl not reading the forums - a lot of ppl do in fact read steam discussion forums prior to buying. And if they see lots of negative threads they will tend not to buy the game. Yes there are many who do not do that, but there are those who just skim the threads to see what the forums are like. I know personally I tend to look at forums myself, and if mostly negative... I'm usually put off - although I'll still do more research (such as youtube video's, other forums, etc) unlike a lot of ppl.