While we talk about attitude things, I think that system is pretty iffy and needs a rethink so that major crimes are properly punished. Or punished at all, in fact this game direly needs a bounty system.

I did something to test this. You know the murder mystery suspect? The women, in her store? Well I triggered her to go hostile by taking something in her home while she was watching from the store side, she calls 2 guards, I kill them, and I kill her. Repercussions as follows:

-50 Attitude for character that was active
0 Attitude change for second character
No repercussions beyond that
Nobody talked to me about her death, or why 2 guard members suddenly turned into red goo

Now when we get down to it, what I did there is a MAJOR crime. I killed off an ENTIRE STORE. A prominent member of the city. 2 City guards that heard her call for guards. I looted her store and house and body parts are scattered over 2 square miles.

And one of my dudes get's -50 attitude? That isn't a repercussion... this game needs a lot stronger enforcement of law or breaking the law is completely mundane.

In fact, I killed a captain/pirate dude that wanted to go to an INN and talk to me about something by pure accident, as I walked in and by chance clicked on the chest, instead of the character I wanted to click on. He went hostile instantly (I did not take anything) and the combat was over quickly, I got 2700 XP and... nothing. No repercussions. Dude disappears from the city, and nobody cares....

This kind of stuff needs more love before release. Players can kill the entire city without repercussions, I get that we SHOULD be able to do this in this kind of game but maybe triggering NPC's to go into combat shouldn't be this quick and easy and killing them have so little repercussions.