Sorry for posting another big honkin' list.

• The damage over time status effects like Burning and Poison do one damage a turn. I don’t think I need to tell you that those are completely worthless when health at level 3 is in the 80-100 range. They have to be more effective. Maybe they should do percentage-based damage? It’d also be nice if there was something different about burning and poison other than the visual effect. It could be as simple as this: When you’re burning, your saving throws against Chilled/Frozen are boosted, but something else is lowered. When you’re poisoned, your saving throws against Burning are reduced, but something else is boosted. Anything that adds additional effects so that burning and poison aren't just identical damage-over-time afflictions.
  • I also don’t like how they make you stop when you walk through a poison/fire field and get poisoned/set on fire. Yes, fine, I'm poisoned or on fire, but can you keep walking to where I told you to go, please?
  • In co-op, when it isn’t your turn, you can’t even open your inventory/stat screen to see how much health your character has. Okay, obviously you don’t want to let them use inventory items when it’s not their turn, but it might help you plan if you could see the stats of you and your companion.
  • Active Stances are listed as status effects next to portraits. I think Sneaking should also be listed in the same way. I suppose it's not that critical, but it is more information.
  • In combat, when an enemy is inflicted with a status effect, and you mouse over it, you should be able to see what status effects it is under, and how many turns they'll last.
  • Idea: maybe the soldiers dialogue on the bridge should maybe suggest that they think the wizard is crazy, possibly dangerous. I dunno, I just think that maybe there should be more of a reason for them to not want to go with the soldiers.
  • One of the first actions your heroes in the game can take is murdering some of their own allies for being drunk. That seems a bit drastic, inquisitors or not. I'd prefer it if you win the fight, you just knock them unconscious. Yes, that would mean rewriting some dialogue and the post-fight conversation. If you lose to the bridge guards, it is game over though.
  • I should not be murdering Snorri -
    There's a friendly ghost in a hidden tomb. You can offer to fight him, but it's a fight to the death. I felt pretty terrible after killing him. I got the impression that it was going to be a friendly match, not that I was going to MURDER him. That feels wrong. He was not an evil ghost, he was friendly. Murder does not have to be the only resolution.

It would be better if once I get his health low, how about ending the combat automatically and Snorri congratulates you and gives you a reward of some kind and you get XP.

If you fight him and your party is wiped out, you are auto-revived (even if death in the final game is normally final) and he tells you something like "I'm still the best". No XP.

That would fit the atmosphere a lot better than senseless murder.
  • Merchants should sell more than one copy of a spellbook. If I have a Warrior main character, and I Recruit Madora, only one of them can get Whirlwind because Aureus only has the one book. Without being able to buy more books, this skill system doesn’t really let you build your characters the way you want, does it?
  • Madora’s AoE “Inspire” buff spell can be cast on open terrain and affect all enemies within range, the “Null Resistances” debuff spell must target an enemy, it does not work on open terrain. Consistency would be nice.
  • Signposts give directions in terms of North, South, East, and West. Except that you can rotate the camera enough that it is unclear which way North is. The minimap rotates with the camera angle. You need to add a North-pointing indicator to the minimap.

Last edited by Stabbey; 25/01/14 04:59 AM. Reason: north on minimap