Originally Posted by Ithiloneth
Well most people are pragmatic in the manner that the item must be fit for purpose; a shoe must allow you to walk the distance you need to go and a armor must supply you enough protection to allow for battles with opponents of the level you expect to face. After those needs have been met many like to go for items they think look good, myself included. This is where the helmet thing comes in, since the character often has a well made face/hair some people prefer to see the character's face. There can be several reasons for this; facial animations, aesthetic preferences or maybe because it helps separate your character in armor x form another character wearing the same gear.

In D:OS it seems to me only reason two stands, aesthetic preference. This is not to be looked down upon nor disregarded, especially not when it comes to a simple off/on switch. There is no reason for a dev not to do this beyond ideological opinion, which Larian has shown with some of their semi useful armor, that they *appear to* indeed hold the same opinion as Ellary on this matter.

So I say "what's the harm?". It won't take any serious dev time, and if I don't like it I can just turn helmets on. Who knows, maybe I find a helmet I don't like sometime and would rather go without, this has happened to me before.

Thank you hug that is what I mean, it would be an option and not forced on anyone.