I hate the loot system so far and hated the random loot systems in the other games. I know in DD when I was playing through I got a legendary/epic drop off of a random orc in the orc camp. I took a few steps and a mini boss comes out of the tent. The fight was tough and I thought I was going to be rewarded for it. I was not I got better rewards from a mob standing mere feet away. I actually turned the game off and didn't play for a few weeks because of it. A mob I one shot gives something great a tough fight gave a couple heal potions and some gold.

A random Diablo loot system does not make sense in this type of rpg. The design around the Diablo loot system to to keep chasing the next best thing. However, in this game we have limited number of encounters, no respawns and no chance to chase the next greatest thing. I would much rather see hand placed loot systems because of this or at least on important fights, like the light house horror. Players shouldn't feel compelled in an area such as the treasure vault under the burial mounds to save and reload to get an item they want in the chest. This is a fairly detailed world that is being crafted and random loot in these places breaks the immersion and risk/reward for exploration.