@Otaku Hanzo OMG yes, I spend hundreds (thousands?) of hours modding NWN2. Sleepless nights, headaches, loved it ^^. My best mod and modding memory, I really created a multiplayer "PW" to my liking, and shared it with others. One ot the best gaming/creative moment of my life. I really don't know if I would be able to invest as much energy as I did, but DOS and its editor look so promising I really want to be able to do this.
For what I have seen, the DOS editor looks like a clone of the Toolset, hopefully with current days and lessons learnt improvements, so it will blast everythings.
Yeah, once the editor is released, I don't think I will come here anymore acting like I do, because I hopefully will be busy creating what I am talking about, instead of being so frustrated just to be able to talk/argue about it...
I also really hope Larian set up an editor forum. Hopefully when they have time.

@Elwyn
Can the enemies be placed via a random generator so that the fights are still strategic without becoming too repetitive? I am not quite sure about it...
Neither am I. Can't wait to try it, tho. Maybe spawning some kind of "patrols", or giving special powers to custom made monsters. Use of traps could be fun. One of the feature in random spawn and movement could be that while you are fighting, some monsters "hear the sounds", and spawn/appear/come closer to join the fight, resulting in some unexpected reinforcements for the monsters, coming from the back, the side, or whatever. Only a matter of imagination and editor capacity. Or once you start a fight with some monsters, it could randomly spawn traps the player could fall into to simulate an ambush. Again, a matter of imagination and editor capacity.
However, I do not have much experience with modding, so please, correct me if I am wrong...
Although I think I can honestly say I do have quite some experience with modding, and I modded everythings I am talking about in some other games (again, NWN2, mount and blade warband, and Legend of grimrock, to name my main modded games), I really can't tell nothing about modding DOS, as long as I can't put my greedy li'l' fingers on the editor. From what I have seen in the various videos, it seems really really powerfull, but I can't say much more, besides my fervent hopes of being able to craft the game world I am dreaming about, and offer it to play to the DOS community.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 24/02/14 10:16 PM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere