I built the cleric as a warrior first, for better armor and melee damage, then went for the warrior must-haves such as phoenix dive and bull rush for mobility. Brought strength up to 10 for armor and weapons and then went towards intelligence, water and earth spells mostly. Upgraded the heal, got fortify to pair it to the warrior's rage skill, various elemental protection that didn't work, and then went to get some points in witchcraft so I could finally learn resurect.

I dumped the starting talents to grab "All Skilled Up" to balance the fact that I would probably have to juggle between Warrior and Mage abilities, and "Lone Wolf" for the extra health and ability points, again, to balance ability juggling. I'm guessing hybrids will direly need Lone Wolf because of that.

Spells being mostly buffs, I went for str/con gear. I kept the + elemental spell + way of the warrior items in my bags to learn skills/spells that required more than 3 so that I could dump points in 1-handed and shield proficiencies, as well as leadership, although I'm not sure it does much.

Worked fine honestly. Felt like just a warrior with heal for a while but eventually it became a good and sturdy buffer/healer/melee, and that's considering the elemental protection spells did not work. I wanted to grab the shouts as well, but by that point we were mostly done with the content of the beta. In the end it felt more like a paladin than a cleric, but it got the job I wanted done.

EDIT: forgot to mention I grabbed Rain soon as I could, just because I love it, and it turns out to be one helluva player quality of life spell.

Last edited by Maali; 13/04/14 03:36 AM.