Originally Posted by Aspar
Originally Posted by Darkraign

And thats exactly the Problem.
You dont need someone who can stay on his own.
Enemies dont deal enough Damage and 2 Handed Warriors can Instakill most + a Two Handed Warrior can get the most important Defensive Skills too ( 50% Magic Resistance, 25% extra Life, 15 Extra Armor ).
The Shield is just the Cherry on the Cake.
Its nice but its not important whether i reduce 300 Damage to 50 or to 60.
But a dead Enemy does no Damage at all -> A Two Handed Warrior survives longer because there is nothing left to kill him.

I understand your point. It goes to the conclusion that the defensive warrior type is useless and has no meaning and brings nothing even on its own on the table (i don't play one so i am concluding this from your posts).
Why would anyone want to play something that doesn't do anything meaningful apart from pure roleplay desires. Ok, if that is the case with 1h + shield it has some point. Maybe a not so good design decision on Larian side or maybe just that's what they wanted to do - add this build for pure roleplay reasons.
But then how would Larian design the defensive warrior without turning this into the boring, mindless MMO spank+tank mentality?

Just an idea, but tanks still function in other games with human players like League of Legends primarily by being disruptive. You want to attack tanks because they block your damage to other characters, you want to attack them because they could crowd-control you and your allies, you want to attack them because they can still deal significant damage to your squishy back-line if you let them through.