Honestly, I don't mind the random loot system. What I do worry about, though, is the knowledge that there's only a finite amount of loot sources in the game, which doesn't go hand-in-hand with a random loot system very well. Since there are no respawning enemies or sources of treasure, your luck will ultimately determine whether you'll find items you can use or not throughout the entire game - unless you're willing to savescum a lot, repeatedly reloading before opening chests or checking merchant inventories until they have something you can use. This is something that I imagine will be especially problematic at very high levels, near end-game, because by then you'll be far too invested in your character to go through the monumental effort involved in respeccing them just so you can use the random gear you found (rather than being able to just go out and grind some more until you get random gear you can use with your current build).

Here's to hoping that one of the first expansions or add-ons they provide is something that allows for a bit of grinding (an arena, a dungeon, a battlefield - anything, really). Goodness knows I'm already incredibly tired of cracking open quest reward chests, only to get nothing but gear that none of my characters use.

Last edited by SagaDC; 05/07/14 12:00 AM.