You all are so damn right.

I almost shed manly tears of happiness in the first hour of this game (seriously), because not only are turn-based RPGs extremely rare nowadays, Original Sin also did SO MANY other things right.

No joke, it has all the things I've always wanted in an RPG:

- Top down viewpoint (don't know why, but fully 3D cameras like in the NWN series irk me for this type of game);
- Baldur's Gate / NWN style exploration, but ditching the (imo) lame real-time with pause system for a turn-based one (and a good one at that);
- Open skill-based progression instead of a more linear class-based one;
- Engaging combat system with buttloads of terrain effects to play around with (been wanting something like this ever since I saw Silent Storm's destructible terrain);
- Crafty enemies that use varied tactics and make even a lost battle fun;
- Beautiful art style (hey, it's important too, especially when all the other games even remotely close to what I want are MS-DOS games from 1992 - or look like MS-DOS games from 1992);
- Great writing that keeps it light-hearted and fun;
- Interesting locations, situations and characters that keep you on your toes, because apparently the people at Larian studios are crazy (thankfully).
Fighting a giant, dragon-slaying spider who wears a crab shell and spits out torrents of water? Crafting helmets from pumpkins and pots?? Killing drunk goblins and talking to mushrooms??? Playing cupid to a couple of cats?!?! Sure, why the hell not?

And then, to top it off, the personality system. This was never a feature that I longed for, but it completely won me over nonetheless, even without AI personalities implemented. The way you solve conflicts was pretty clever and putting your two characters to bicker with each other, even in single player, is surprisingly fun.

Larian Studios' previous projects were good (well, most of them), but this one is literally my DREAM GAME! It scratched a very specific gaming itch that I've had for like... more than 10 years.
I hope they have a really obscene, ungodly commercial success with Original Sin.