Hi,

some great comments on here and not really much else to say but I'll just add that this game is simply amazing!
I too grew up with Ultima, Bards Tale and Gold Box games (also anyone remember Demon's Winter?) and this is probably the most fulfilling 'real' cRPG since Ultima 7 with perhaps a kindly nod to Baldurs Gate and NWN along the way!
However I have to admit that after years of modern so-called roleplaying games such as WOW I got to Cyseal and thought, what happens now? I was expecting to be guided painlessly through the start with easy quests and to get straight back to the fighting! I had been brainwashed by years of 'on-rails' games!
But when I realised it was not all about fighting I rediscovered my love of exploring and making real choices in cRPGs!
I just love the fact that every fight needs to be really thought about tactically, I have made many mistakes when starting this game as I never read guides or watch tutorial videos, I prefer to discover the wonders for myself smile
I chose a Knight and Witch character, I did not max my strength and intelligence for the relevant characters which meant I fell behind slightly on the best weapons and spells. I also did not even realise there was a second NPC to join with until I had explored quite a lot of the map!(Johon).

I now have two fighters and two wizards but actually it works well for me, that's what is so wonderful about the game, it is quite tough but never unfairly, if you fail to win a fight it's because your tactics were wrong and many different styles can work well if you understand them.

It may be that the game style and difficulty may put off some modern gamers but it is definitely worth persevering with as I feel the rewards are worth the initial slight pain smile
I have only been playing for a week and did not even know the game existed until a few days before that but every time I play I discover something new, so refreshing compared the 'grinding' crpgs nowadays.
Can't wait to get back to it tonight although my Wife is getting a bit sick of me playing D:OS! smile

Last edited by Mrrockitt; 09/07/14 10:02 AM.