Originally Posted by Rhidian
Originally Posted by Cameron9428
This looks great, but what if you want to remove the mod at some point, can you do that without messing up your game?

edit: nevermind, I understand now. Shame that it doesn't work on existing saved games.

From what I can tell, it's impossible for a game-save to remain viable should the mod be completely removed (unless the Mod is added back in).

Removing the Mod's folders from Data/Public and Data/Mods causes a game that relies on this mod to freeze upon loading due to missing dependencies. Removing the Module info from the Save File's Metadata in Documents results in the game declaring the Save incompatible.

Of course, this might change in the future if Larian Studios makes the main campaign (and game in general) more mod-friendly, but as of right now this is how it is.

Wait, no. As long as the mod doesn't introduce new items to the savegame (with a UUID that can only be found in the mod's folder), you CAN add / remove dependencies at will.

All you have to do is overwrite the YourGameName.lsb file in the Savegames/YourGameName folder with a clean one.

This is the case with the mod of this thread. I just tested it and it worked perfectly fine.