Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Shaya - I am getting that with the Font mod. Sometimes when I start up it accepts the new font, other times it accepts the modified one. I moved, recopied from the location. I am currently of the belief the game is flaky here and sometimes it picks it up and sometimes not. The file never changed, nor the location, sometimes it kicks in, sometimes not.

As for the skillbook mod... go figure, prior to the patch I couldn't pass it from one character to another, now I can. To me there is a lot of work yet at Larian with this whole mod'ing thing.

The priority and what is actually loaded is another issue...the lockpick/skillbook workaround doesn't really work anymore; so I figured - since it was my 1st game and hopefully won't respecc in my new one - I don't need the skillbook thingie anymore.
Built myself the lockpick change and got it working, but only if positioned at the first load-order. (2nd one is still the recipe mod)
Another mystery is, why it won't accept 2 or more different *txt changes (like less HP boost on normal + tbh I hate "what a rush" on Madora ^^) in one mod. But only if they ain't placed at the top loading position, or it's russian roulette and you only get one file applied but not the other and vice versa.

If I e.g. place the character.txt in the proper path-structure in my own re-created lockpick-mod at the first loading position and then thereafter the recipe-mod everything is fine.

Sadly, am currently about switching jobs and doing some online training and my time is more than limited. yay back to programming business it is :>

Really a wicked thing that D:OS modding is... think