Originally Posted by MrFritz
Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by Trooheadsa
This is one of those few terrible design decisions in this game.

I still havn't seen frostwall yet. I can't respec my warrior due to not being able to get the aoe skills again either. Sucks.

Other than that its a great game. Just make some books more easily available.

Better yet, ditch the skill books. They serve no useful purpose and just make trying to do a rudimentary task, leveling up, a pain.

i would agree with this.

i have a hard time calling it a feature when it boils down to:

level up
save next to vendor
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
finally!

i am not sure who would find that 'fun'

Thank RNGesus on your way out.

The problem with people having this kind of "compulsion" to control what they get from the loot system, is that they just aren't made to play them. This game isn't designed to work that way, simple as that.

The idea is that if you play it a second time, the game should be different. you get to learn different skills, different loot from bosses and chests, ...

If you ever played D&D you'd be familiar with a system like this. And if you have played D&D but don't like it, than you probably had a bad dungeon master.

Ever opened a chest and told the dungeon master: "I don't like that loot, roll that D20 again." or "I needed a 18 or higher for epic loot, you rolled a 5, you are a bad dungeon master!" or even "I died because you rolled the wrong number, this game is unbalanced"

See the skillbooks as a utility belt where you get to chose different tools as they come along. Sometimes there just is no hammer at your expense, that doesn't mean that you can't use a screwdriver and some screws instead. Work with what you have, adept to the game, and for the love of god, change your strategies from time to time, you'll see you like it a lot better smile

Last edited by Styno; 18/07/14 08:07 AM.