Originally Posted by Hiver
Im playing even more diverse hybrids and i dont have a problem of investing a few points into intelligence too. Some sweet equipment boosting stats is nice too.

I would actually recommend investing in weapon skills, especially for middle and later game because without it your bow damage falls off a curve a lot.

Try it and you will see its actually very effective. In addition to better weapons, crafting and other stuff, of course.

Might play the next run with 2 hybrids as well....my cleric started to shine after lvl9 and enough points to spent (without abusing any weird mechanics).
Still, as long as the Tenebrium stuff is broken or unfinished, I won't necessary max the bow/xbow or any other weapon-skill.
IMO, a pure ranger with a 2nd minor casting ability should still have enough points to switch later on to these weapons (even if they aren't necessary needed). and a boost of 20-30% does still great even mid+ game.

Heck, it's a friggin' RPG - so you could even play naked and stab everyone with golden butter-knives! :P