Sorry to all you archery fans out there but there is no way anyone can seriously try and say Archery is good. You can show me videos of an archer kicking ass and I'll still tell you Archery is a bad class.

Here is why:
1. LIMITED AMMUNITION
IMHO Any class that can run out of ammunition is bad it's like a mage running out of mana).

2. THE AMOUNT OF AMMUNITION THAT GETS MADE:
Base Arrows once made are infinite, and while it's understandable why there aren't infinite Special arrows, Only being able to craft 1 arrowhead/arrow out of 1 element is bullshit. The amount of special arrowheads/arrows you can craft/find/recover should be a result 1-2 depending on your luck status. Or at least have a talent/skill/blacksmithing level that allows you to create 2 special arrowheads when crafting one. That way at least archery is a little better.

3. SPECIAL ARROWS DAMAGE ARE GARBAGE
I'm sorry but there is no reason a normal arrow shot out of a normal bow to be doing 3-4 times more damage than a special arrow shot out of the same bow. Special arrows should always do more than normal arrows, and they just don't.

4. HITS AND MISSES
There is no reason why an Archer with a DEX of over 11 whether in a stance or not, only have a 49% or less chance to hit every time. That 49% goes even lower when encountering enemies that have saving bonuses. And this makes special arrows even worse than they already are.

5. DURABILITY ON BOWS/CROSSBOWS
Restricting how many arrows you have is one thing, but to make durability get used on those arrows is also bullshit. The only time durability should ever effect a bow/crossbow is when using Normal arrows

It's not about showing archery in action, the class has way, way too many restrictions that no other class has, and just cannot hold up the damage that needs to be done in battles.

Last edited by tx3000; 05/08/14 05:46 PM.