Everyone replying is totally missing the whole point archery is the only class that is far below playable standards when compared to all the other classes. Archery is the only class that can't take out enemies the same way any other class can.

While no class can deal with everything, every class can almost kill enemies in 2-3 hits and do significant damage when it does hit with just about any attack they use, but archery takes between 6-10 hits on any attack due to all the missed hits, the very low damage on Special arrows, and just the all around incapability being equal with all the other classes in the game.

People are also taking a high level archer and applying it to what I'm talking about which cannot be done. I'm talking about how no other class struggle in combat throughout the entire first map. 1/2 way through the first map is more than enough time for Archery to pick up from being bad and it doesn't. everything I posted above that happened not only happened into the second map of the game with every battle I ran into, but has happened with every single archer build I've used.

Classes that cannot get over the hump of being bad 1/2 through the first map are unusable because it's just a foreshadow of how it will always be. I have never seen an archer do well at all to the extent people are saying they get them to be.

NOW ON TO THE OVERALL ISSUES

1. Arrows are only unlimited FOR REGULAR ARROWS.

2. When it comes to making special arrows you should be getting 2 for 1 due to how expensive it gets, and how limited the amount of arrows you wind up having.

3. There is no way to be speced wrong for hitting when it comes to having 11 dex. and enemies they are never at 100% chance to hit whenevr I am able to hit them in an attack...I've never seen 100% ever. Besides If you have 11 dex a 49% chance to hit shouldn't even be showing up at all, if you have 11 dex and you can actually reach them with an attack, then I can see 80% but not under 49%.

4. You shouldn't have to get better aim from perception with 11 dex - That's an excuse

5. You shouldn't have to get items to improve your aim at 11 dex. at all that's an excuse.

6. Durability on a bow/crossbow should only go down IF AND ONLY IF you actually hit the target. You shouldn't be getting punished on top of already being punished.

6. Special arrows are anything other than a NORMAL ARROW. The game makes it out to be that SPECIAL arrows are an actual type called "SPECIAL" and do some specialized damage no other arrow type in the game does. And every type Special arrows should always do significantly more damage overall than a regular one and that is simply not the case.

I have never seen special arrows do anywhere near as much damage as regular arrow ever. I did a save reload test on the same enemy, and every time I hit the same enemy with a regular arrow it took out 1/2 - 3/4 of it's health, all elemental arrows only took up less than - 1/4 of their health and that was only due to some of the damage on the arrow itself, the elemental damage was practically useless because half the enemies in the game never get affected by the elemental damage from arrows. This was a direct result of the reload test I did.

Archery is a complete mess and doesn't work anywhere near enough to be usable in my experience with it. If those changes I said were made to archery then at least the class would be able to compete with all the other classes. But right now it's simply way too restrictive.

Last edited by tx3000; 05/08/14 07:15 PM.