I absolutley love this game but I have to agree with the op. But really i think all the problems with difficulty with this game really are caused by the bad AI. Thinking back so many fight put you in difficult situations, its incredibly rare that your not outnumbered but since the AI is so dumb you can usually breeze past supposedly "hard" fights without having to heal once. I can think of many things about the AI that rly must be changed some of which the op mentioned:

1.AI targeting priorities(needs to be changed from targeting closest enemy to a slightly more complex system of highest threat and easiest to attack, i.e. if a ranger is doing loads of damage then an enemy warrior should try kill him but not if hes behind a wall of fire)

2.Attack of opportunity and increased hazard awareness.(sure I can understand the AI maybe letting themselves get hit by your warriors if they are trying to flee, but not moving for no reason other then to get killed faster)

3.Ability effects and resistance awareness.(Of course maybe dont make it so enemies never hit your fire elemental with fire magic but as soon as they hit it the first time and realise it just heals it they should stop, also there needs to be decreased chance enemies will attack charmed enemies because that just makes charm so op.Also one thing i noticed on the first map skeletons try to heal friendly zombies if they are damaged which ofc just damages them more, im guessing these guys work together alot they should no healing does the opposite to zombies in this game.)

4.Stealings to easy.(less of a combat AI problem but its far to easy to become completely loaded even at level 3 just from stealing things from under peoples noses, they should at least make it so you can steal something then sell it to the person you stole it from)

However id say the second area is still pretty challenging IF the AI stopped doing things like sitting in the fire or walking past my 2 warriors without thinking about the consequences.

Hopefully fixing the AI is at the top of larians to do list but we can never know, hopefully in the next patch along with some new companions.

NOTE: There is a temporary solution for all of you finding the game to easy and thats simply to download difficulty mods, i think some people have made a few that work well.

Last edited by someguy216; 07/08/14 06:14 AM.