Originally Posted by Alkamiga
We didn't abuse the system. We just played it.
We just leveled up our characters in the way their class was supposed to (come on... a rogue who can BS and goes to shadows? a dps mage? A STR-madora? A utility not dps Jahan?). We don't do huge combos, don't talk about strategy...
I know some people completely broke the game (100+ res, leech...). And even there it's sad because they don't use a complex trick : they just use the tools the game offers them.

The truth is simple : Larian failed to balance the game for level 10-20 in its hard setting (I don't know for the other ones). Maybe because they didn't have a lot of feedbacks from alphas reviewers on this part?
But again : by playing as we did (no reloading, only using loot and some bought weapons, coop with no big strategy or mini-maxing, a 4-party with a Jahan not very efficient...) the game should have given us a constant challenge. There are many ways to be more efficient than our way of playing this game.

The way Larian failed, is they made too good of a game. The content is meant for replay value, people do it all. I guess you missed the part where I explained how you could save me the ironman speech about how you play to purposefully limit yourself. You dont need to if you dont go overboard on a single game. If you are one of those people with 400+ hours in (Dont feel ashamed, several people in my Friends list have), you wont convince anyone that you're not well versed in the mechanics, exploring and doing EVERYTHING, and power playing. Period, for me I would say anyone over 100 hours, who is familiar with turn based RPGs, has the right to ask for harder difficulty. That is why I informed you of there ALREADY being a difficulty mod. This should of let you know that yes, the game can get easier for some players. It seems you're demanding some form of apology from Larian, or..? Just DL the difficulty mod, or is that too easy to do and therefor you refuse to do it?

Also just look at the logic of these types of players- "I didn't use any online help (except for the beginning of source temple), I haven't even used the most powerful abilities (based on the forum, such as leech, lonewolf, glass canon).".

This guy didn't use any online help.. Well except the source temple, oh and reading forums to know about leech.. And lonewolf.. And glass cannon.. But no online help, straight up player! How can we really know who is a power gamer killing their own experience, or who is the gaming prodigy who deserves a custom built in difficulty?

Originally Posted by Alkamia
I want to be patient with this game, I wouldn't have come here if I had totally lost hope.
But I really don't request a STRONG AI, and I think most of guys here don't request it (even if we'd love to have it someday smile ).
No, I want an AI, a light average one. I just don't want to see stupid moves anymore.
We just want that :
[quote=someguy216]
1.AI targeting priorities(needs to be changed from targeting closest enemy to a slightly more complex system of highest threat and easiest to attack, i.e. if a ranger is doing loads of damage then an enemy warrior should try kill him but not if hes behind a wall of fire)
2.Attack of opportunity and increased hazard awareness.(sure I can understand the AI maybe letting themselves get hit by your warriors if they are trying to flee, but not moving for no reason other then to get killed faster)
3.Ability effects and resistance awareness.(Of course maybe dont make it so enemies never hit your fire elemental with fire magic but as soon as they hit it the first time and realise it just heals it they should stop, also there needs to be decreased chance enemies will attack charmed enemies because that just makes charm so op.Also one thing i noticed on the first map skeletons try to heal friendly zombies if they are damaged which ofc just damages them more, im guessing these guys work together alot they should no healing does the opposite to zombies in this game.)

Dragging "intelligent" enemies through hazardous surfaces is way too easy. They do react smarter to say, there path blocked by oil, converting to ranged/buffs/patience. Yet fire, sometimes even an Ice Elemental will jog through fire only to pop mid-way. Whoever you quoted, has the right idea with specifics and english that is easy to comprehend. Honestly the discussion should be much more specific and much assumptive.

And you ask for patience, I really can give some. But I would really need an announcement from Larian on this subject.
Do they plan to repair/improve the difficulty curve anytime? I haven't heard anything on this subject since the game has been released (and the first feedbacks came a few days later).
So.. should I be patient?

Im from America and even I am not as entitled to think Larian owes me more work. You are 'waiting' around for Larian to fix your vague and poorly worded problems with their game? They owe us nothing, they gave us a great game, especially when they offer such an integrated editor for modding.

This is the shaming part, putting 1/10th of the time people have played DOS, into toying with the editor, you probably could have already achieved some of things you wanted.

Here is a link to something created by patience and time saved not open endly complaining on discussion forums- http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/9/?

Last edited by Mental Poison; 07/08/14 08:49 PM.