Originally Posted by Rashar

Hi, while I grasp the general idea would you care to elaborate it in steps?

With kind regards,

Rashar

OK, maybe my post was a bit short and unclear. I wrote it assuming that everybody read the 3 forum pages before it. smile
I was just saying that you don't need to rush at the Teller of Secrets at level 4 or to micromanage a level gap between your party members in order to buy more books. Apparently, the shops restocks every time someone reaches a new level.
Now, let's say your party is level 14 and you didn't buy the books at that level. Go in the Hall of Heroes, trow someone (Madora) out and hire a henchman. That henchman (let's say Claresta) will be level 1 until you dismiss/rehire her. It's how the game works.
Now go at the Teller, buy with Claresta a pair of books, leave the conversation and start it again with another (lvl. 14) character. Buy the books again. Kick out Claresta and take back Madora. Continue your play. At the next level-up, repeat (of course, with another henchman, since rehiring Claresta will make her the same level as you).
As a side note, at this moment you should already have a spare henchman with Barter 7 (5 base + 2 gear: boots, amulet) in order to buy and sell at the base price.

P.S. I'm running GOG 1.0.81 version. I will update later and see if this method still works.