Originally Posted by Dollvahkiin
Originally Posted by flake
Originally Posted by kurausu
Yeah, i was thinking about setting it on the editor because i tested it and nobody else gets the Tenebrium skill (I have a separate character for bartering and neither he nor jahan and madora get the skill if i tell them to leave and then get them back) after that quest, which leads me to believe it's a one-time event.

The only other source for the tenebrium skill would be the book, and it doesn't solve things for the 4th character.

Is it possible to add this to the editor.
Or would be creating the book multiple times possible ? and if how smile

I've tried remake the exact same book, the stats are same as ingame obtained "How to handle Tenebrium" from Sacred Stone.

The base item:
[Linked Image]

The item template: 37e74252-8dec-4a01-80b2-183ddc54398b
[Linked Image]

These editor-made books won't grant skill on use.
Only the original copy gives tenebrium skill once for one character.
Perhaps there's other global event attached.

Originally Posted by Dairymoose
Originally Posted by flake
Originally Posted by kurausu
Yeah, i was thinking about setting it on the editor because i tested it and nobody else gets the Tenebrium skill (I have a separate character for bartering and neither he nor jahan and madora get the skill if i tell them to leave and then get them back) after that quest, which leads me to believe it's a one-time event.

The only other source for the tenebrium skill would be the book, and it doesn't solve things for the 4th character.

Is it possible to add this to the editor.
Or would be creating the book multiple times possible ? and if how smile

I'm not actually this far in the game yet so I don't really know anything about this (I'm somewhere near the start of act 2), but there was some post about this where someone said they solved this issue:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=538633

tl;dr they edited the book and increased the Amount to 4

If simply tweaking the amount, after separate the stack, still only the original copy gives the skill...

Perhaps Larian just enjoys punishing those people say "talk later" to Brandon, they just don't want to make it a non-consuming book as death knight bane.

Edit: Another easy way, simply increase the tenebrium ability, though not shown for those characters who didn't use the book, but they can use tenebrium weapons and prevents rot after tenebrium ability tweak in editor.

This is just a guess but I'm wondering if the poster from the other thread just used the item without splitting the stack in order to get it to work. When you split a stack you are technically creating a brand new item each time. So if you have 4 apples in a stack and split them into 4 separate apples, you've created 3 new items in the process.
I didn't look into the script governing this book but it is probably tied to the original item. I would imagine you would need to use it without splitting the stack so that it doesn't create new items (that are not scripted).