Originally Posted by Waltc
It doesn't pay to be angry with the game developer because you have no common sense, [...]

About that, if one has no common sense, then you can't ask them to have the common sense to have common sense, because they don't have it, as is presumed.

But I do agree that harping on the devs for adding in some dangerous sidetracks in the middle of a low-leveled area is... silly. We're talking about a proper RPG, not some action game with RPG elements that make it be named a sort of RPG (i.e. action-RPG). On top of that, an RPG that the devs made clear is made with old-school in mind. Those came with plenty of save, resume playing, save again, continue, save just to be sure, etc.

Now, this newer trend of "don't make me save"ers does baffle me a little. Would they rather the game detect where they feel a slight anxiety and save for them, or maybe retread half an hour worth of play time due to how long ago the last auto save was made?

There is no consensus on how it should be done. Argue this way all you want, there's plenty that will argue against. In such cases, the devs are totally free to go with what they choose, because one can't satisfy both sides of a divide at the same time.

So says I, the insignificant one.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.