I believe i have only posted once here, complaining about the lack of night/day implementation, despite the Kickstarter goal reaching. I have now come to believe i was being a touch unfair, in the sense of seeing only one side of the coin.

Having more time on my hands recently, i have given Wasteland 2 a try. And you know, it got me thinking, and in ways aside the obvious comparisons i was bound to make (both being Kickstarted, both having some funding a priori to it, and so on):

- You did not have the equivalent "weight" to bring into the PR/expectations. Though something tells me you do now smile
- You could not be expected (realistically, not being offensive here, on the contrary) to be able to gather an analogous momentum, or more concretely, a similar pledge amount
- Quite possibly, your team was not "as" seasoned in the production of something this costly as theirs was. Saying "as" considering the Inxile guys had pleeeenty of experience in a giant back then (Interplay). They have all had their baptism in fire, and multiple times
- You have had, and still do, a certain problem on story richness/presentation
- Your wages are Belgium wages, not backwater County South
- And most importantly, you did not use a premade engine that is easy to handle to boot. You went and made your own, despite the cost this had had, thinking ahead

And still, you brought D:OS to be where it is, and where it is..is miles, miles and miles ahead of anything i have touched the last..i fucking loved it. Abso-fucking-lutely amazing, well done! Could not believe this was the same company that once did DD..and after having considered the above, and realising how much harder it must have been for you, let alone when remembering the issues you faced in the past with previous publishers..

Congratulations, you should be damn proud!
And my apologies once more for that first post. While i still fear disregarding promises can be a bad premise, i need to keep in mind that we are humans, and as such exceptions need be made

Looking forward to the next one!

Last edited by Aenra; 21/01/15 08:50 PM. Reason: syntax, grammar and all the usual suspects

Pride, honour and purity