Originally Posted by Stabbey
HURRRRR I'M A DURRRRR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computing_platform

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wilfully
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/obtuse

And for reference, yes, there have been games hurt by being PC/Mac "multiplatform", but it's not an issue these days, and it was never a major issue in the past, because the Mac had no games.

Originally Posted by Urza
I actually just created an account despite never having played the game (Currently plotting about purchasing) to let you know that you sound kind of crazy on here Luckmann.

First you suggest killing 95% of the world population? Even if this is sarcastic (which it does not seem like) it is both in bad taste and quite unfitting for intelligent discourse.

95% so that the species has a future, because at this rate the only ones capable of intelligent discourse are going to kill themselves due to sheer frustration.

Second you claim that no PC game can ever be good while having a console port.
Strawman. I said no such thing. A game can still be good. Just not as good as it should be. Good is, after all, subjective.

While I agree with you that console ports scare me and ruin many games (DA:I for me) this is an incredibly over exaggerating statement. XCOM, Portal 2, TF 2 all have console ports and are all this outstanding PC games. In fact I would argue that turn based games tend to port the best.
Not only could all of them have been better, but I think I can count all turn-based games that have been successfully ported (using 'successfully' in the loosest way possible) on my one hand.

XCOM is an excellent suggestion of a good game that could've been amazing, but suffered extensively due to consolization. The controls are terrible for a PC, with sticky-selections, and jerks around in just that kind of way only console games do.

Third even if all of your arguments are 100% valid the way in which you convey them is incredibly confrontational and disrespectful. Despite repeated attempts by individuals such as Joram to remind you that the fact that we are discussing a vide game on internet board means none of our life's are all that terrible.
To try to boil an issue down to "hurr it's not big enough to worry about" is the last defence of the desperate, as in "I didn't care about the argument anyway".

Life is short don't waste it being angry. Lets see how the EE is and if its bad we don't come back, no reasons to get to excited before it comes out.

I think this really underlines your tone of empty superiority and false privilege, in that not only does the issues not concern you - and therefore they somehow shouldn't concern me, or simply be dismissed because it's not 'worth' worrying about - but you also suggest playing the waiting game, which only ever benefits those that are unaffected by any change in policy or approach.

No reason to get excited before it comes out. Let's see how EE is. Well that's good for you. Excellent. It doesn't matter to you, and when the EE hits, you'll be able to judge. Congratulations.

Some of us won't.

Last edited by Luckmann; 21/05/15 04:03 PM.