Originally Posted by Eli
Originally Posted by J747L

Interesting that chess is mentioned because when it comes to level scaling chess softwares actually revolve around it.

That's DIFFICULTY LEVEL, not level scaling.

The program is automatically adjusting to your play. And it's interesting how you conveniently snip out my posts to make it out of context.

Obviously you talked about a topic you knew nothing about and you're getting offended and going all out personal.

Chess programs operate in many interactive ways in addition to what I mentioned above where the program interactively scales it's play to match the player in real time we have:
Difficulty level (different handicaps)
permanent brain
hash tables

All operate at the same time to give the player a good experience with gameplay. It's the same with rpgs.

And you boil all these down to difficulty level (which is just a small portion of it)? The same way you boil down level scaling to such idiotic simplicity.

If you cannot discuss with meaningful valid points then I'm done with you.

Truth is Larian will never, ever implement any form of level scaling. So I know that all these are falling on deaf ears. Some don't care about Larian any more, let them do what they want but if you're going the route of stifling user's rights to express themselves then you're a lot sadder than I first thought.

Last edited by J747L; 17/06/15 08:29 PM.