Originally Posted by Lacrymas

I don't care if you like it or not, so shouting "muh subjectiveness" ad nauseam doesn't fly with me (you aren't, but I've heard it enough times). This isn't about personal preference. It's about how well the game/narrative is structured. I was just musing on what type of person would like it, considering the creators themselves have admitted to making it meaningless. "The death of the auteur" also doesn't fly with me :p

@Lacrymas, you sound like you owe the absolute Truth... It seems... well let's say not so modest

From a personnal point of view, my first interest in a game is the scenario and the universe (which explains why I dislike LoL and TES...). People play vide games for different and personnal reasons and we cannot judge them.

Originally Posted by Lacrymas
You are missing the entire point. The stronghold shouldn't be narcissistic masturbation for the player/player character. RPGs operate on different assumptions. It should be a logical part of the narrative and the main argument against strongholds is gating content behind it, not the content itself.

I have not played PoE that much (mechanics were great but the writting... and that's my opinion) so I cannot say about the stronghold but come on man can't you accept that people are not always making games "according to the standards". Luckily standards change, and some "uncommon" games became a must have. Point is I agree with you on some arguments but please don't write like everyone HAVE TO agree with you

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)