Originally Posted by Raze

How does it conflict with the story to gain access to a certain location (which may or may not be safe), where you can at least temporarily get away from source hunters?

It doesn't conflict with the *story* (plot hole), but it can conflict with the *gameplay* (ludonarrative dissonance). I'm not saying that it WILL lead to plot holes and LNDs, it depends on what the context is. I'm saying that it's very easy to fall into these sorts of things if you don't connect everything logically.

I was just pointing out that you are criticizing Civ 5 for being realistic, claiming that removes all choice.

I'm not criticizing it, I'm just saying it only rewards achieving capitalistic goals. Look at the win states and see what they value - technological progress, military conquest, cultural domination, economic superiority. These are very, for a lack of better word, American goals. You don't win by eliminating world hunger, or poverty, or by nuclear deproliferation, or having a particularly high standard of living.