Like I mentioned way back when the thread started, when a person joins your SP game that doesn't necessarily mean that they get to choose dialogue options for the character they are controlling. They might not be involved in the dialogue at all. That completely eliminates the bipolar disorder that will occur otherwise. That is actually a way more SP oriented design than MP. I admit that it's weird for Larian to make a cRPG with a MP focus and that's why I think that won't be the case. Although I don't think D:OS is actually a cRPG in the most "pure" sense, because your stats don't matter in the dialogue (I think? I don't remember having skill checks in dialogue, but I may be wrong) so you aren't actually "role-playing", because you are playing as yourself and what YOU would choose, and it's not dependent on what your character is and can do. Role-playing is not defined by what *you* choose to say or do, but what your character can say and can do. It's a very fine line and there is nothing wrong with both approaches, it depends on what the premise of the game is. D:OS leans towards self-insertion rather than role-playing though.

You are also confusing choice and consequence (C&C) with moral choices which aren't the same thing. Moral choices are a cop-out to stick in the back-of-the-box blurb. C&C are organic reactions to your presence within the game. For example - in Fallout 1 if you started blabbering to random strangers that you are from a vault which contains valuable pre-war tech and is in the mountains, bandits started invading the vault (duh). It's not about whether you should spare this kitten or ritually sacrifice this baby. It can be that if there are actual reactions to your actions. These choices aren't forced upon you BY dialogue (save or kill Rachni Queen), but are a product OF dialogue/choices if that makes sense :p If you don't mention to anybody that you are from a vault, bandits never attack because they don't know of its existence. Spec Ops: The Line of all things had a very simplistic but great example of this. There is this crowd of people who are hanging your friends and you need to do something about it, a civilian is hitting you repeatedly. So what do you do? There are no forced dialogue choices. The first thing that comes to mind is shooting the civilian who is wailing on you, but you can also shoot at the air to disperse them. You could ALSO shoot the rope your friends are hanging from. The game doesn't tell you that you have choices at all. Admittedly the consequences are almost non-existent, but that's why I said it's simplistic. It's a useful example of how to approach choice without forcing it from a dialogue option.