Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Any chance of these being restored in the future? They were great in EA, now they've just been right up deleted, along with all their unique stuff. smirk

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I'm assuming they were deleted for story reasons, in that Larian thought players would find it disappointing if there weren't appropriate reactivity in the game and on reflection they didn't have the time, inclination or ideas of how to incorporate such reactivity into the game given the story they were writing. If so, then I imagine it's unlikely they'll be added by Larian. I guess they might be added by modders, but for them as much as for Larian adding appropriate reactivity would presumably be a big job. But, unlike Larian, they don't actually need to worry too much about how much sense it makes having a cleric of those deities in the game without the game catering for it properly.

In case anyone isn't aware, the reason that this matters for these specific deities and not for the others that we can pick (as far as I'm aware, at any rate!) is that

they have a very close relationship to the plot or companion quests that, as far as I'm aware, other deities don't. Though I guess if anyone wants to play a cleric of Shar then they can play Shadowheart as an origin.

That said, if there were Larian-produced DLC that let us play custom clerics of those deities with all the appropriate plot integration doing that properly would imply, that would be fab. Though perhaps a bit much to expect of what's likely to be a niche interest. In the meantime, I'm working around the limitation. I did have cleric of Bhaal and cleric of Shar run-throughs planned. But if/when I get to them I'm going to repurpose my cleric of Bhaal as a necromancer Durge and my cleric of Shar as a shadow monk, and just headcanon their deities.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Same reason why Silvanus, Shar and Umberlee were removed.

I wish Tempest Clerics had more options. Talos is a bit too hard-core being totally evil and "destroy everything". While the Tempest domain is really cool, it's not interesting or fun to role-play this:

The church of Talos is relatively small for a greater deity and almost universally despised, for his followers bring nothing but destruction and leave only ruin in their wake. They are fanatical in their love of destruction and are unafraid to call storms upon ships, towns, or cities in the name of their crazed deity.

I wonder why they made him like that in the first place. Clerics of Talos seem like crazy idiots. Couldn't he be more chaotic neutral where the "destroy everything" would just be an extremist faction, like the Shadow Druids.

As long as Talos is this way, there should be other neutral, freedom or elemental themed gods for Tempest. Like Akadi or Aerie Faednya.

Last edited by 1varangian; 19/08/23 05:51 PM.
stranger
stranger
Considering that their are dialogue options for clerics and even Paladin/cleric multiclass, example "Paladin of Lathander". In early access you were able to multiclass Paladin and Cleric of Shar as Shar was an option and some great options were available between you and Shadowheart.

It's disappointing that I, a player couldn't become a Dark Justiciar and that it's all reserved for Shadowheart.

old hand
old hand
I still want Waukeen...

U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
If I recall Sylvanus was selectable during EA, and to me that feels like a bigger omission than any of the ones you mentioned.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by CaloNord
Any chance of these being restored in the future? They were great in EA, now they've just been right up deleted, along with all their unique stuff. smirk

Just imagine what it would be like to play as a cleric of Myrkul if you already beaten the game.

At the end of the second act it would just break the story, or require a huge amount of unique content that would be seen by 0.1% of the players

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Striden
Considering that their are dialogue options for clerics and even Paladin/cleric multiclass, example "Paladin of Lathander". In early access you were able to multiclass Paladin and Cleric of Shar as Shar was an option and some great options were available between you and Shadowheart.

It's disappointing that I, a player couldn't become a Dark Justiciar and that it's all reserved for Shadowheart.

You can play Shadowheart though. So playing a Shar cleric is 100% in the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard