A couple of comments, if you please...;)

I've been advocating that Larian stage an official awards ceremony where Raze is awarded an entire chest-full of shiny medals for his outstanding customer service to Larian's customers...;) He deserves them, no question...! He has more patience and tact than even I might have and that makes it a considerable quantity!...;) Raze is a sterling credit to his employer.

The most common unjustifiable complaint I hear about games--any game--is that the player is frustrated because he discovers that the game has its own rules and its own environment and it's not just like game A, or B or game C. These people had a preconceived notion of the game when they bought it and cannot adjust to what the game is as opposed to what they "thought" it was going to be.

Those folks, I've found, will tire of computer gaming as a hobby quickly because they'll never learn how to savor and enjoy what each game offers them--they are so stuck on their notions of what a game should be like that they completely miss what the game they are playing is really like--and feel like they wasted their money because they didn't get what they *thought* they were getting--completely missing what they *got.*

I've played this game through ~ four times...couple-three times on the first version and am wrapping up the EE now. Great game--so much to discover and uncover and enjoy--but those without open minds need not apply. For instance, instead of bitching and moaning because the inventory maybe isn't as flexible as you might like or you've seen in another game--just learn how the inventory works in *this game* and before you know it it will cease being any kind of "burden" or "chore" because you'll have learned how it works. Then you won't be fighting the game any more--like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole, etc....

Two kinds of people attempt to use computers: those with patience and an enjoyment of learning and those with little of either. The ones with patience will get their money's worth and find rich rewards--the ones without never will. Perhaps it's a rendition of the old "glass half full" or "half empty" question, too.

This game began life as a PC game and that's the only way I play any games at all (or ever have). People don't often clearly understand the nature of a "port" and what the original programmers do--which is that, generally, another *company* (a whole other company) is tasked with a "port" of the original game to a specific OS or environment that the original company is not directly interested in supporting for whatever reasons. I have no idea if that's the case here for the console ports of the EE, but I would not be surprised if I was close.

This fact is also one reason I would never own a Mac or buy OS X games for it, along with game consoles--because they are almost all paid ports of the original games that, most of the time, were written for the far larger market of the x86 Windows PC markets, first. Some ports can indeed be even better than the originals, although that is a rare occurrence, to be sure! I have nothing against ports--console games ported later to PC environments are generally very bad--at least by my PC-gaming standards--and I think everyone should clearly understand the nature of a port and what that likely means. A good port can be a very positive thing--but it's still a port.

It seems to me that D:OS is such a sprawling, huge game that trying to squeeze it all into the rather by-comparison constricted hardware environments of the current consoles (already slated for improved hardware versions later this year, I hear) would be like trying to funnel the Mississippi river though a straw--well, not *that* bad...:D But I hope people will get the idea. We don't live in a causeless-effect universe. There is cause, and effect, for everything.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)