Before respec, with all gear removed and no visible status effects, the character's attributes at level 14 are:

Str 5
Dex 11
I 4
C 5
S 8
P 8

The lost point in intelligence is due to politician and the trait is visible in the intelligence tooltip. The 6 additional points in dex, 3 in spd and 3 in per add up to 12 additional points.

Now, the first thing I notice is that respeccing increases the character's reputation by 2. "Reputation +2" appears in floating text over the character's head and also appears in the log. The character's base reputation increases from 7 to 9. I can't determine why this happens.

The next thing I notice is that the character's abilities are all 5 except dexterity which is strangely 3 and has the red message "Boost: -2" in its tooltip. Dexterity can only be increased to a maximum of 13 after respec.

Otherwise everything appears to be normal. The character has been refunded 12 ability points as expected and their intelligence is reset to 5 after losing the politician trait. No items are missing.

I should also point out that respeccing the other main character does not produce any strange effects.