Yeah, I'm still not very convinced to be honest.
I really don't see the point of having an earth spell if i'm a fire mage, I'd rather be limited from the start than have to go on a combat basis switching on and off stuff.

I understand it adds strategic depth, but it could also become a chore tactically speaking. You meet this mob which is immune to everything you have in your current skillset, and you are either forced to flee or to die.

This is what I meant to say in my post, and I don't really see how that's not an issue.
Best case scenario be like : Oh yeah, that's the moment I could have used that one tiny spell I never select in combats because it's too situational, well no matter, let's go on. Basically a lot of spell will go unused, and I'm thinking it even get worse when you actually can have "all the spells".

Not be rude also, but I really don't understand the need to change that much the system, I mean, the combat was pretty much what was acclaimed in the first opus, in my mind (and I'm guessing in everybody's), there was stuff to improve there, I really don't understand why so much energy is spent on changing it so much. Less AP, changed stats, changed skill system, new armor system, source points...

I'm trusting you there, but don't you feel changing so much will just shift issues from D:OS EE to other parts of the game?

(And on that screenshot, honestly that does not speak at all to me, when I see the hotbar at the bottom I don't even know what class that is from, so many spells from so many skillsets... meh)