Originally Posted by Stabbey
Don't forget Baudolino that those original fans of the hardcore games are 20 years older now with more responsibilities, and less free time.

Sometimes people don't have a lot of time to play, and they can put the game down for long stretches and forget where they left off when they pick it back up. I often find myself playing a game for a month, then moving on to the newest shiny thing. I don't always remember where I left off when I get back to the first game.

While I didn't have problems remembering what to do in D:OS 1, it's not a bad idea for Larian to remember that not everyone will play through the entire game in a few weeks. That's especially important for co-op when the difficulties of coordinating schedules means that it might end up being only one playing session every one or two weeks.

I'm not against the idea of a quest log that organizes efficiently the info you get through exploration and dialogues, Stabbey. I'm definitely against the idea of a quest log that solves the quests for you, which is basically what you get when you play a run-of-the-mill RPG these days.

Last edited by Baudolino05; 31/08/16 03:53 PM.