Originally Posted by mesmerizedish
Originally Posted by Beloved

Also, what would be the point of this placeholder? Writing "*say that you like what you see"* is not really faster than writing "I like what I see!". Actually, it would be easier the other way around! XD

Because writing is, shockingly, more than just the physical action of typing :p

It's very easy for any designer to come up with some dialogue lines like "*say that you like what you see*"

What's more difficult, and why writers are important, is coming back and giving the line a real voice appropriate to the context and speaker. The first Original Sin was fantastic at this.

Since we are discussing *placeholders*, the only thing that matters - shockingly - is which style is less time-consuming. I think it's very easy for ANY designer to write generic sentences, without resorting to third person. Do you really think that putting everything in indirect form is faster than writing something generic, which can be changed or enriched with personality later in development? I don't think so, and no one ever did that before, even in early access, alpha or beta. That's why I think it's a specific choice.

Also, I kinda remind Larian stating that they would try a new approach to dialogue in D:OS2. I fear THIS is what they were talking about.
I was really curious to try it out, but now that I did... urgh, I strongly hope they will remove this third person style.

It would be nice to hear official words about this matter: is it an intentional experiment or just a placeholder?