Originally Posted by Jarliquin
2: As someone who writes graphic novels (As a hobby.. in my living room.. no one will ever read haha) but as a writer and artist, I find when I look at options like *Look at him curiously and ask if perhaps he's better off alone?* in my mind I create the dialogue around what and how I think the character would say and act. In my mind she raises a brow and says "Eh.. perhaps it's best I leave you alone, aye?" or some such.. I can create an accent... a way of wording things etc. It's triggering my brain to fill in words for the character.. so now I AM the character..

To me that is 100% immersion, however not everyone shares a creative mind (which is absolutely fine) a lot of people playing this game may require that direct approach to dialogue and action.
The notion that you have to have a creative mind to enjoy text is insulting. There're many great, great, great books and games out there that are more creative and immersive told as first person. As a writer you should consider than not everybody's tastes are the same and people read, gather and learn new information in more ways than just what you think is right.

For me, first person RP'ing is more creative than *tell x that he smells bad*, that is short, vague and uncreative to me.

I would prefer: *Your smell is deep enough to scare away a thousand ships*, which is more specific, creative and humorous than a commanding 3rd person line.