I know it's probably been brought up in the past, but I felt like it needs to be stated again. The way loot and stat generation of the items currently works, is just awful. The fact that they are random, combined with no respawns is the big issue. Really, you should be finding your much needed upgrades through adventuring, and not some random store.

This was one of the weak points of the first game, and it currently appears to persist across the second. Short of hand-crafting every piece of loot, and having a form of smart detection that draws upon your skill allocation to determine drops, I had another idea that could help out.

Mainly, making crafting a skill that can be raised without spending points, but rather by finding books. In addition to that, rather than have an aspect of crafting be something that tries to outright replace the gear in the game, instead have it be something that enhances and supports it.

1. Changing the appearance of the armor/weapon within its type (for example, if there are multiple leather class appearances, you can change a piece to a different appearance as long as it matches type)
2. Dying armor/weapons, including individual parts
3. Enhancing their magical/physical defenses and durability
4. Exchanging stats. For example, say you find a weapon with +1 single handed, well with some investment, it could be possible to change it to dual wield

This would also, I imagine help a lot in dealing with the issue of random itemization. The problem I had with the crafting in the first DOS in my opinion was that it supplanted gear you found, rather than adding to or enhancing it. It pretty much made every piece of equipment in the game obsolete with the only downside to it being how unbearably tedious and unfun the process was.

Last edited by Nivv; 18/09/16 08:20 PM.