I don't have too much of an issue with the maze itself. If you look carefully enough you'll find a way to get through each room. If you can't then you can brute force your way through via teleports, or use a ring as mentioned before to skip it all.

What confuses me more than anything is what's inside the tower at the end. Are you supposed to be able to interact with those undead at all? No matter what dialogue path I took nothing came of it, and the only way through the large door was to teleport someone through the hole in the wall and open it from inside. Aside from the undead outside the main area there was a zombie, the well, and a book on blood roses and that was about it in terms of exposition. The treasure inside was alright I guess; there's decent reward potential from the well, a couple chests, and a vase that contained a ton of gold.

I'm also really confused by that arena type place outside the tower with the perpetually burning guy (The Historian I think? I forget his name). After clearing the encounter from entering the area, I tried all sorts of things to put him out but couldn't get anything to work. In multiplayer I even coordinated with a friend to cast Bless + that Marksman skill that cures burning at the same time. It worked for a split second then he went back to Necrofire. I think he also got angry at Sebille for casting the ability on him too. His reputation was at -45 for her and he wanted gifts which was kind of funny but also seemed unintentional.