I dont understand the constant flaming in this post. Play the game, give suggestions and let the developer to decide if they take your advise or not. This is the purpose of this alpha.

Obviously gold economy is very important aspect of every RPG. If player gets too much gold fast to afford everything its bad. If player cant get enough gold to buy even the basic spells and couple of gear upgrades without abusing certain game mechanics its bad.

Its up to Larian to find nice balance here and what i read so far, the current state is more on the low end right now. It should be possible to run some kind of simulations to calculate the gold available in the game and adjust the gold prices accordingly to find some good sweet spot. Additionally to that ofcourse its important to eliminate any possibilities to abuse the systems. Stealing/reselling items. Double profit by killing vendors etc. Massive profits from recrafting some items and so on. Stealing everything in sight and selling it to the vendors for huge profit is also pretty bad (first Divinity had this problem). I remember that old school RPGs like Baldurs Gate had limitation that you couldnt sell stolen items to any vendor, but only to certain thief vendors and this should be for a bit reduced price.

Also make sure there are enough gold sinks even in later stages of the game. Some games fail terribly in this aspect. In later stages the player has so much gold he doesnt know what to do with.