Originally Posted by SlamPow

Additionally, what if you want to compare experiences? If you did not perform well because you ignored the optimal route, then it's your fault. The player is directly to blame for not using all the resources available. And if you did perform optimally, despite intentionally hindering yourself, then that's that. But people do struggle with the game, including my friends, and as such are motivated to do the most prudent thing: kill all of the silent monks, slaughter the civilians, and prune the merchants we don't need anymore. Not everyone is a murder hobo, and not everyone wants to play that way. And in a group where everyone has free will, all it takes is one guy to mess it up for everyone.

Tl;dr does not solve the problem, which hurts immersion and detracts from the experience as a whole.

No, it doesn't detract from the experience. There is no plot armor in this game and it's a great thing!
If the player's goal is to 'play optimally' and his assessment of playing optimally is murdering, killing, pillaging and robbing to get more 'stuff' then good on him.
If playing optimally means to ROLE PLAY a character that kills/does not kill/robs/does not rob. Then play that way.
If a group member decides he wants to kill things you don't want to kill. GUESS WHAT!? you get to role play, and maybe you let your friend kill the guy and that's YOUR FAULT. If keeping the guy alive is what your character would do, then kill your friend, in game. Fight each other. That is what makes a REALLY good game.
And if it offends you that people who play this game, can use dirty tricks and back stab digital people to get ahead and 'play optimally'. You need to look for heaven somewhere else. Because that's how life is, it's how it works. If you want to make a 'good guy' play through more rewarding. Ask for stronger village people, more people around and more outrage when people just start dying around you... mysteriously...
Because that's the REAL way to go about preventing the needless slaughter of innocent campers.

I sincerely want to have the option to gain additional experience by taking the time, and often, going out of my way in game, to find ways to get it. Whether that be by selling everything I own to someone for their money and then stealing it all back or by helping reunite a daughter and monster/father and then deciding I would learn more if I dissected the monster/father.

Last edited by Surrealialis; 07/10/16 03:49 PM.