Ahh the sensitivity.
I'm allowed to be scathing if you're allowed to read two well written posts with arguments in the contrary to your opinion and gloss over them and say 'I'm not convinced'
And your justifications are:
-I feel that the issue does hurt immersion, as a "right" way of playing is emphasized.
-It's like having a really overpowered thing in the game; sure, you could just not do it, but what of your friends?--But people do struggle with the game, including my friends, and as such are motivated to do the most prudent thing:

So basically, you're justification for being a criminal is that it's easier. And you can get ahead faster? Hey guys! Welcome to world politics/ global trade/ world history 101. Glad you joined us here for lessons. Remember slavery? Or following fascist orders? Or the TTP? (well, that last one might not be history yet)

But let's rewind from life education here. This is a game, where you can play a villain as easily and convincingly as a hero. If we compare to ANY fictional setting worth it's salt, LOTR, Harry Potter, the Forgotten Realms, Marvel, DC. It's a universal theme, being good is hard, being a hero and defending the weak is REALLY hard. Being a villain? Taking a shortcut to get ahead in the short? Not so hard. Often we identify with antihero's, those trying to do good but flawed, making mistakes, faster to anger (and prudent!).

So please Larian, do not take away the ability to play the game evil and more importantly don't cheapen my choice to be a hero. If being a hero is a choice you made for me, because there was no advantage to being evil, even in the short term, than being a hero in your game doesn't matter, I'm just a cookie cutter delivery mechanism for your story. But if every time I hear "Not in the mood for cheese" I have to make the choice to play a better character, then that choice means something.

Last edited by Surrealialis; 07/10/16 05:09 PM. Reason: Crusading